Services for Shared Housing:
Co-ownership agreements Tenants in common agreements, CC&Rs, Condo conversions, Cooperative housing,
Land-use and zoning, Lease agreements, Ecovillages, Land Trusts, Subdivisions, Conflict resolution.
Services for Nonprofits, Cooperatives, and Social Enterprise:
Formation, Choice of entity/structure, Tax exemption, Finance, Contract drafting, Employment law, Liability.
Interpersonal and family conflicts, Workplace disputes, Businesses/nonprofits, Landlord/tenant.
Articles and Blogs
What is a Slow Homes Movement?
Coming soon: Sample shared housing documents and planning tools!
Read about the separate nonprofit organization that Janelle co-founded and co-directs: the Sustainable Economies Law Center (SELC): at the SELC Website.
Books by Janelle:
The Sharing Solution: How to Save Money, Simplify Your Life & Build Community,
co-authored with Emily Doskow (Nolo 2009)
Discover how to create a more sustainable community with this practical legal guide to forming successful sharing arrangements.
Recent and Upcoming Speaking Events:
- Think Outside the Boss: How to Start a Worker Owned Cooperative, November 17, 2012, Oakland, CA
- Sustainable Economies Law Center Fall Celebration and Showcase, November 15, 2012, Oakland, CA
- Legal Eats, October 20, 2012, Oakland, CA
- Bioneers Conference, October 18, 2012, San Rafael, CA
- Transactional Law and Sustainable Economies (VIDEO), October 8, 2012, Lewis and Clark Law School
- Legal Tools for a Sharing Economy, October 6-7, 2012, Portland, OR
- Transactional Law for Local Sustainable Economies, Berkeley/Albany Bar Association, September 17, 2012, Berkeley, CA
- Art of Community Conference, September 20, 2012, Occidental, CA
- Cohousing US Conference, June 17, 2012, Oakland, CA
- Attorneys in the New Economy, May 31, 2012, Berkeley, CA